New Forbes Profile Reveals Tyler Perry Is Now a Billionaire
September 3, 2020
A new Forbes profile of Black filmmaker and icon Tyler Perry reveals that he is now a billionaire, TMZ reports. The article details his rise from being "poor as hell" to his current status in the 3-comma club, and breaks down how he reached the fiscal milestone:
- $320 million for his entire library of movies, TV shows, plays. He owns all his content.
- $300 million in cash and investments.
- $280 million for Tyler Perry Studios, which sits on 330 acres in Georgia
- $60 million for his equity stake in BET+, the streaming service that debuted last year.
- $40 million in homes and toys
Add it all up ... and that's a cool $1 billion. Not bad for a guy who once slept in his car.